Close window
Emergency Information

If you have an emergency, call 911 or 362-5111.

If you do not have an emergency but would like an officer response you can call 362-5115. Or you can view our contact page here

Close window

City of Rancho Cordova Rancho Cordova Police Department

Reporting A Missing Person

If the person you are reporting is "at risk", meaning they are:

  • A child under 12
  • Have a serious medical condition that requires attention
  • Missing under suspicious circumstances
  • Are suicidal

If the person you are reporting is "at risk”, call 9-1-1 immediately.  Explain the status of the individual to the dispatcher.

To make a missing person report, please call our Non-Emergency Dispatch number: (916) 362-5115 (Click here)

Please keep in mind the following:

  • There is no waiting period to report someone missing. 
  • If you have had a fight with your child and they just walked out the door in anger, they are not missing.  Go after them and talk. The Diogenes Youth Services organization offers counseling services and may be able to help you communicate with your child. Call them at (800) 339-7177. Wind Youth Services is another Sacramento organization with resources available to assist families.
  • If you are the legal guardian of a runaway juvenile and you know where the child is, they are not missing.  You need to go pick them up.  If you have a problem when you get to the child's location, and it is within the city limits of Rancho Cordova, you may call the non-emergency dispatch number (916) 362-5115 for an officer to respond to assist you. Please remember, officers  WILL NOT take your child to Juvenile Hall.  Being a runaway is not a crime.
  • Adults without "special circumstances” may be "voluntarily" missing.  An example of this would be a husband and wife have an argument and the wife leaves.  The husband "assumes" she will return but she does not.  If there are no indications that foul play occurred, she may be a voluntary missing adult.