Close window
Emergency Information

If you have an emergency, call 911 or 362-5111.

If you do not have an emergency but would like an officer response you can call 362-5115. Or you can view our contact page here

Close window

City of Rancho Cordova Rancho Cordova Police Department

Emergency Preparedness

West Nile Virus Information
Click here for information from the Sacramento County Division of Public Health. 

Disaster Preparedness Information:
Plan for the unexpected, assembling a supply kit and developing a family communications plan are the same for a natural or man-made emergency.

Make a kit
Here are some examples of things that should be included:

  • First aid kit and essential medications.
  • Canned food and can opener.
  • At least three gallons of water per person.
  • Protective clothing, rainwear, and bedding or sleeping bags.
  • Rain gear or a change of clothing.
  • Battery-powered radio, flashlight, and extra batteries.
  • Special items for infants, elderly, or disabled family members.
  • Written instructions for how to turn off electricity, gas and water if authorities advise you to do so. (Remember, you'll need a professional to turn them back on.).
  • Identify where you could go if told to evacuate. Choose several places . . . A friend's home in another town, a motel, or a shelter.

From Talking about Disaster: Guide for Standard Messages. Produced by the National Disaster Education Coalition, Washington, D.C., 1999.

Make a plan
Talk to your family about what to do in an emergency.  Practice; don’t wait for the real thing to test your decisions.  Sacramento County Department of Water Resources has an excellent page to help you write a plan.  Click here for more.

Be informed
Stay up to speed about changing conditions by having a portable, battery operated radio, with extra batteries, available.

Emergency Dial 9-1-1
Use 9-1-1 for emergency situations that threaten human life or property and that demand immediate attention.  Please do not call this number for non-emergencies, as this will cause delays in handling real emergencies.

Electrical Emergencies
To report downed power lines or live wires, call 9-1-1.  To report power outrages or to ask when power may be restored, call SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility District) at (888)-456-7683.

Gas Leaks
If you have an emergency gas leak, move to a save location and call 9-1-1.  For questions regarding lack of service, pilot lights, etc, call PG&E at (800) 743-5000.

Poison Control Center
For emergency assistance requiring the Poison Control Center, call (800) 876-4766.

Crisis Hotlines

  • Abducted, Abused and Exploited Children - (800) 248-8020
  • Boys Town National Hotline - (800) 448-3000
  • California Missing Children Hotline - (800) 222-3463
  • California Youth Crisis Line - (800) 843-5200
  • Crisis Line for the Handicapped - (800) 426-4263
  • Diogenes Youth Services - (800) 339-7117
  • Health and Human Services - Child Abuse (916) 875-5437; Elder Abuse (916) 874-9377
  • Mothers Against Drunk Drivers - (916) 921-MADD
  • National Crisis Hotline - (800) SUICIDE - (800) 784-2433
  • National Runaway Switchboard - (800) 621-4000
  • Psychiatric Crisis Services - (916) 732-3637
  • Suicide Prevention Crisis Line - (916) 368-3111
  • Vanished Children Alliance - (800) 826-4743
  • WEAVE (Women Escaping a Violent Environment) Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Emergency Response Services - (916) 920-2952
  • Youth Crisis Hotline - (800) 448-4663

Useful Links