Close window
Emergency Information

If you have an emergency, call 911 or 362-5111.

If you do not have an emergency but would like an officer response you can call 362-5115. Or you can view our contact page here

Close window

City of Rancho Cordova Rancho Cordova Police Department

Quality of Life FAQ's

What can be done about barking dogs?
Officers do not respond to barking dog calls. Try to work out the problem with your neighbor, if you can. If that doesn't work, contact Rancho Cordova Animal Services at (916) 851-8852 during regular city business hours. Click here for more information from the City's website.
What are the laws regarding construction noise?
Construction noise is allowed: Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. (R.C.M.C. 6.68.090)
What should I do when I see graffiti?
If the vandalism is in progress, call 9-1-1.  While not a life threatening emergency, it is a crime in progress.  If you find graffiti after the fact, you may call our Problem Oriented Policing (POP) Officers at (916) 875-9638 or use our online form
What can I do about juveniles loitering in the area or at a local park?
Juveniles, like adults, have the right to use parks or be on the street corner. However, the time of day is important. There are curfew codes and parks have designated hours for use. If the kids are hanging out causing a disturbance, (blocking access to your business, harassing customers, yelling, screaming, etc.) please call our non-emergency line at (916) 362-5115 for an officer to be dispatched. If it is after hours (10:00 p.m.) or after a park's posted closing hours, contact dispatch at (916) 362-5115.
What can be done about noisy neighbors or loud parties?
While the noise is occurring, call the Rancho Cordova Police Department non-emergency number at (916) 362-5115.  Per California Penal Code 415, an officer's peace cannot be disturbed, so you may be asked to sign a complaint. 

The City's Problem Oriented Policing (P.O.P.) Officers are responsible for the investigation of complaints of ongoing and aggravated noise which require monitoring with sound level meters or which are of a habitual or mechanical nature. Click here for an online reporting form.

If you are experiencing an ongoing conflict with your neighbors, mediation is an alternative solution. In mediation, disputing parties meet with trained, impartial mediators to resolve their problems. Neighbors interested in mediation should contact the Sacramento Neighborhood Mediation Center at (916) 441-7979.
What can be done about junk cars, garbage and unsafe conditions on private property?
You may contact the City of Rancho Cordova Code Enforcement at (916) 851-8770. If there are conditions where someone is in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1.
What are the laws regarding property maintenance noise? (blowers, mowers, etc...)
Use of mowers, leaf blowers, chain saws and other property maintenance equipment is allowed: Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
What can I do about skateboarders and in-line skaters outside my business?
If the skaters at currently at your business, contact our non-emergency number (916) 362-5115 and an officer will respond to remove them. Then, contact our POP (Problem Oriented Policing) officers at (916) 875-9638 to develop strategies to eliminate the problem in the future.